March 30, 2010

Photowalk Utah, Ogden Part 2

This is downtown Ogden, to be more specific, this is 25th street. 2 blocks of it. There are lots of antique shops, restaurants, and mom-and-pop shops.

And these.....




There were several bronze statues of kids, they were quiet honestly, creepy. It's not a downtown Ogden thing, it's a Utah thing. They REALLY like bronze statues of random kids. I miss California!


Even though the calender says spring, it's still a bit nippy here, so shops made do with these,



Fake flowers... did I mention I miss California?

So I was walking, walking, walking. Looking into the shops but not wanting to go in, until I see this man in an old fashion barber shop, signaling me to come in.

Man: I see a lot of people taking pictures, are you in a group?
Me: Yes, it's a photography group.
Man: You should go around back this building and take a picture of the sign.
Me: Just around back? Sure.
Man: You should, just around back.
Me: Sure no problem. Can I take a picture of you?
Man: Okay, but I have a jacket on.
Me: Oh, it's no big deal.

But the man didn't stop talking to me about the sign, so I just started snapping away.




I went around back and saw this sign...





The sign looked new, like it was repainted so not really authentic.I'm glad I took the photo for him though, since he went out of his way to tell me about it. He was sweet man.

I really wish I went with a friend... but I found a way to take a picture of myself to document that I was actually there :)

3 comments:

TinkerellaCreations March 31, 2010 at 12:43 AM  

Oh that is great! how funny. totally random pictures are the best :) What a cool old guy.

Unknown March 31, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

was he holding a tv controller?

Annie March 31, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

i think it was cell phone... thanks for the love girls!

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my blog! I am a freelance photographer, serving in the Cache Valley area, specializing in babies and children. I am currently offering free sessions for families, seniors, children, and engagements. Email me at acannonphotography@gmail.com for more information.

Followers

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP